Finally, the TWRP custom recovery is now available for the OnePlus 8 Pro. If you recently bought the latest Oneplus 8 Pro android and looking for a guide to install the custom TWRP recovery on your phone, then you are at the right place. Here in this guide, we will show you how you can do that easily with some fastboot Commands. To install the Custom Recovery on your Oneplus 8 pro you have to unlock the bootloader of your phone first. Check out our guide here on how to unlock the bootloader of Onpleus 8 Pro here.
All the credit goes to XDA Senior Member mauronofrio for releasing the Custom TWRP for Oneplus 8 pro. Once the TWRP is installed on your Oneplus 8 Pro you can easily root the Oneplus 8 Pro with MAGISK MANAGER.
Installing TWRP custom recovery on OnePlus 8 Pro requires an unlock bootloader, which may void the warranty and will wipe all the data from your phone. So do take the full back up of your phone.
Technobuzz.net is not responsible for any damage that might happen to your phone during this process. You’ll lose all your data upon unlocking bootloader.
Table of Contents
How to Install TWRP On OnePlus 8 Pro
So without wasting the time, let’s start the process and install the custom TWRP on Oneplus 8 pro. Read all the steps very carefully and follow all the steps one by one on your PC and on your device. Before we begin, we highly recommend you to create backups of your data and files.
Requirements to Install TWRP and Root
- Make sure its battery is at least 60%.
- Orginal USB data cable to connect your phone with PC
- A Windows-based computer. To run some fastboot commands.
- ADB Fastboot Drivers and Android Platform Tools.
Download OnePlus 8 Pro TWRP
Download the latest TWRP forOnePlus 8 Pro from the below mention link and save the files on your Windows desktop. You need this file to flash the TWRP on your phone.
Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 8 Pro
1. Save the TWRP file on your Android Platform Tools. Make sure the ADB Fastboot Drivers are installed on your PC. And save the Boot.img File on your phone’s internal memory.
2. Now time to boot your phone in fastboot mode. To do this Open the platform-tool folder that you downloaded from the above. Now Open the command prompt window in this folder. To do so, hold the Shift key and right-click in an empty location inside the platform-tools folder and select Open PowerShell window here or Open the command prompt window.
Now in the command prompt window run the following command to boot your phone in fastboot mode.
adb reboot loader
3. Now your phone will boot in the fastboot mode.
4. Next, type following command lines and hit Enter on the keyboard:
fastboot flash recovery_a twrpname.img
fastboot flash recovery_b twrpname.img
5. Now TWRP is installed on your Oneplus 8 pro. To boot the phone in TWRP recovery, Enter the following command.
fastboot boot twrpname.img
6. That’s it the now the custom TWRP recovery is installed on your device.
Video : Install TWRP on Oneplus 8 Pro
Direct Link of Youtube Video.
If you have any questions regarding this guide or facing some problem, then leave the comment below, and we will help you to fix it up.