Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro & Redmi Note 10 Pro Max was launched in the year March 2021. The phone came out of the box with MIUI 12 Android 11. Today in this guide we will guide you to install the TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro & Redmi Note 10 Pro Max. This guide contains both the written instruction and video tutorial to help you install it properly on your phone. This method will work on both Redmi Note 10 Pro & Redmi Note 10 Pro Max. Make sure to download the required file for your phone and PC and then jump straight into instruction on how to install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 10 Pro & Redmi Note 10 Pro Max.
Before Following the TWRP installation process on your phone, you will need to unlock the device bootloader at first. Check out our guide here How to unlock the bootloader of the Redmi note 10 Series. And do take the full backup of your phone and save it on your SDcard or in some safe place.
Installing TWRP custom recovery on Redmi Note 10 Pro & Max requires an unlock bootloader, which may void the warranty and will wipe all the data from your phone. So do take the full back up of your phone.
Technobuzz.net is not responsible for any damage that might happen to your phone during this process. You’ll lose all your data upon unlocking bootloader.
What is TWRP Recovery And Its benefits?
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. – WikiPedia
Advantages of TWRP Recovery
- Allows you to flash Custom ROM on Redmi Note 10 Pro & Redmi Note 10 Pro Max
- Helps you to flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Allows you to install and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip Magisk
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery on your phone.
- YAllows you to flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 10 Pro & Redmi Note 10 Pro Max
- helps you to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 10 Pro & Redmi Note 10 Pro Max.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 10 Pro & Redmi Note 10 Pro Max
Before following the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
Requirements to Install TWRP
- Make sure its battery is at least 60%.
- Orginal USB data cable to connect your phone with PC
- A Windows-based computer. To run some fastboot commands.
- ADB Fastboot Drivers and Android Platform Tools.
Download TWRP recovery
Download the latest TWRP and DM Verity zip file for your phone from the below mention link and save the files on your Windows desktop. You need these file to flash the TWRP on your phone.
How to Install TWRP Recovery
1. Save the TWRP file on your Android Platform Tools. Make sure the ADB Fastboot Drivers are installed on your PC.
2. Now time to boot your phone in fastboot mode. To do this Open the platform-tool folder that you downloaded from the above. Now Open the command prompt window in this folder. To do so, hold the Shift key and right-click in an empty location inside the platform-tools folder and select Open PowerShell window here or Open the command prompt window.
Now in the command prompt window run the following command to boot your phone in fastboot mode.
adb reboot loader
Or you can boot it manually by holding the Volume Down + Power Button.
3. Now your phone will boot in the fastboot mode. You will see the MI Fastboot Bunny image on your screen.
4. Next, type the following command lines and hit Enter on the keyboard:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
5. Now TWRP is installed on your Phone. To boot the phone in custom TWRP recovery, Enter the following command.
fastboot boot twrpname.img
6. That’s it now the custom TWRP recovery is installed on your Redmi Note 10 Pro & Redmi Note 10 Pro Max.
5. Now install the DM verity zip file with TWRP Recovery and you are done.
Source – XDA