Recently Xiaomi released the MIUI 10 Android Pie for the Redmi Note 5 Pro and many users who are using custom Recovery on Redmi Note 5 pro are facing so many issues on the TWRP. So today in this guide we will show you how to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 5 Pro Android Pie MIUI 10. The process is simple and all you need a phone with unlock bootloader. If you don’t know how to unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi phone then check our This Unlock Bootloader Guide here.
Once the TWRP custom recovery is installed on the phone you can install custom ROMS, install modded Zip files and Install so many things on your phone. Which you can’t use on the stock recovery. We already did the same with our redmi Note 6 Pro and after that, we enabled the Camera2Api on our Phone and install the latest Google Camera on the Redmi Note 6 Pro. So TWRP has many benefits, if you are interested then follow the below mention guide and Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Install TWRP and ROOT Redmi Note 5 Pro
- 2 Download File To Flash TWRP on Redmi Note 5 Pro
How to Install TWRP and ROOT Redmi Note 5 Pro
Warning: Technobuzz.net is not responsible for any damage that might happen to your phone during this process. You’ll lose all your data upon unlocking bootloader.
The rooting process is not that easy, it takes some and some patience. So read all the steps very carefully and follow all of them one by one. One wrong step and you will brick the phone.
Pre-Requirements to Install TWRP on Redmi Note 5 Pro
1. Install the ADB and USB Driver on your Windows PC from here.
2. Enable USB debugging on your Android device. To do this go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the MIUI version 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled”.
Now go back to settings -> Additional Settings -> Developer Options -> Enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging. See the screenshot below.
3. Install Xiaomi USB drivers, tutorial: Download Xiaomi USB Drivers For Windows
How to Unlock Bootloader Of Redmi Note 5 Pro
Unlocking bootloader of the phone is not a difficult task all you have to download Mi Unlock Tool and you can easily unlock your phone.
Here is the full guide to Unlock Bootloader.
Once the bootloader of the phone is unlocked you can easily root the phone. Follow the below mention guide to Root the device.
Download File To Flash TWRP on Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Download the ADB drivers here. Unzip the folder on your Windows C Drive. (C:\platform-tools). And you will see the PlatForm folder on your Windows C Drive.
- Download the TWRP image file here. And save the file in the platform-tools folder
- Download the Magisk manager zip here to root the phone. Save the zip file in the phone’s internal memory
- Download Adb Installer here
Install TWRP on the Redmi Note 5 Pro
1. Boot your phone in the fastboot mode. To do this first switch off your phone and Hold volume down + power on at the same time.
2. Now your phone will boot in the fastboot mode. Connect your phone to the PC with USB cable.
3. Now open the command prompt window in the Platform ADB folder by Pressing Shift Button and Select Open Command Window Here.
4. Now time to boot in TWRP mode. Run the following command.
fastboot boot RECOVERYNAME.img
5. Once the phone is booted in TWRP save TWRP file and magisk file on the phone.
6. Now the phone is booted in the TWRP mode. Tap on the Install Button > Tap on Install Image and select the TWRP recovery on the Recovery partitron. Install it
7. Now tap on the install Button and install the Magizk.zip file.
8. Now you are done. Reboot System.
Voila, that’s it! You now have Install Latest TWRP Recovery on your Redmi Note 5 Pro Android Pie MIUI 10, congrats!
Install TWRP On Redmi Note 5 Pro MIUI 10 Android Pie 9.0
Direct Link to YouTube Video
If you have any question about the guide or facing some problem during the process then leave the comments below, and we will help you to fix it up.
5 thoughts on “Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 5 Pro Android Pie MIUI 10”
MIUI OTA updates is supported?
It doesn’t work on 3/32gb version.
I have flashed the TWRP and install the magsik manager. But on rebooting the phone my camera2api gets disable. Moreover even with the camera2api enabled I cannot successfully run a gcam app that works with front and back camera.After reading this article, I have check that and my anti rollback feature is at index 4. I already have TWRP in my Phone what should I do to permanently enable camera2api or disable the antiroll back feature while TWRP is already on the phone. also can you please recommend a gcam version of app that run without any issue.
NOTE: I have follwed one your guide to root the device.
my phone doesn’t boot in to the recovery after entered Fastboot boot recovery.img, its stuck on he mi logo, please help me
Twrp password error
Comments are closed.