Want to know How to Unlock Bootloader of Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL. So here is the complete tutorial which you can follow on your Google Pixel 2 android smartphone and unlock the bootloader of Pixel 2 devices easily. As you guys know that Google Released the new Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL phones in the market a few days back and both the new phone are running on the latest version of Android 8 OReo, which comes with lots of new features and improvements. And many of the Google Phone lovers already bought these devices and wanted to Unlock Bootloader of Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL. So today here we are sharing you all the details to unlock the bootloader of Pixel 2 phones.
This method will work on both Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL phone. All you need a windows PC, ADB drivers, and USB CAble to unlock Pixel 2 Phones. This process will wipe all the data from your phone and void the warranty of your phone. So make sure to take the full backup of your phone and data.
Read all the steps very carefully to unlock bootloader and follow all the steps one by one on your phone. So let’s get started and unlock boolotader of Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL.
Why to Unlock Bootloader on Pixel2 and Pixel 2 XL?
- You can easily Install / Flash Factory Image via Fastboot Method
- Install a custom recovery like TWRP to Flash Custom ROMs.
- Get root access by flashing SuperSU zip file .
- Install Custom ROMs, MODs and other such stuff.
- Rescue device from soft-brick or bootloop.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL
1. Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC from here. This will help you to run fastboot command from your windows PC.
2. Now on your phone Enable USB debugging, and OEM unlock option. First enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
3. Now go back to Settings » Developer options menu. Enable OEM Unlock and Enable USB Debugging.
4. Connect your Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL Android device to the PC with a USB cable.
5. Open the ADB folder that you created while installing the ADB and Fastboot drivers.
6. Now press and hold ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in the folder and select ‘Open command window here.’
7. Now boot your Pixel device into bootloader mode using the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
8. Once your phone in fastboot mode. Enter the following command to unlock bootloader:
fastboot oem unlock
If the above command does not work for you then enter the following command.
fastboot flashing unlock
9. Now you will see a confirmation message on your Pixel 2 device. Press Volume Up button to highlight Yes and press Power button to select it. This will unlock the bootloader of your Pixel 2 Phone.
10. Now the bootloader of your phone is unlocked. Now you need to reboot your system, Enter the following command:
11. Now your phone will boot into system.
That’s it. Your Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL device’s bootloader is now unlocked. If you have any doubt related to above process comment below. Now you can install the TWRP custom recovery and root Pixel 2 phone, Very soon we are going to post the Rooting guide on the blog.
If you have any question about the guide or facing some problem during the process then leave the comments below, and we will help you to fix it up.