Unlocking Bootloader on latest Android smartphone Google Pixel and Pixel XL in not a difficult task. All you need some drivers and enter som fastboot command to successfully Unlock Bootloader on Google Pixel and Pixel XL. Google Pixel and Pixel XL are the latest Android phone from the Google and come with new Android 7 Nougat and Google assistant, not only this the new phones are packed with some new features.
If you recently bought Google Pixel or Pixel XL and planning to install some custom ROMs or to root Google Pixel and Pixel XL then you need to unlock the bootloader of your phone first. So here in this guide, we are sharing all the steps which you can use on your phone and successfully the unlock the bootloader.
Read all the steps very carefully and do take the full backup of your phone, Unlocking bootloader will wipe all your data so make sure to backup all your data and files. Warning: Technobuzz.net is not responsible for any damage that might happen to your phone during this process. You’ll lose all your data upon unlocking bootloader.
Why to Unlock Bootloader on Pixel?
- You can easily Install / Flash Factory Image via Fastboot Method
- Install a custom recovery like TWRP to Flash Custom ROMs.
- Get root access by flashing SuperSU zip file .
- Install Custom ROMs, MODs and other such stuff.
- Rescue device from soft-brick or bootloop.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Pixel and Pixel XL
1. Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC from here. This will help you to run fastboot command from your windows PC.
2. Now on your phone Enable USB debugging and OEM unlock option. First enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
3. Now go back to Settings » Developer options menu. Enable OEM Unlock and Enable USB Debugging.
4. Connect your Pixel or Pixel XL Android device to the PC with a USB cable.
5. Open the ADB folder that you created while installing the ADB and Fastboot drivers.
6. Now press and hold ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in the folder and select ‘Open command window here’.
7. Now boot your Pixel device into bootloader mode using the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
8. Once your phone in fastboot mode. Enter the following command to unlock bootloader:
fastboot oem unlock
9. Now you will see a confirmation message on your Pixel device. Press Volume Up button to highlight Yes and press Power button to select it.
10. Now the bootloader of your phone is unlocked. Now you need to reboot your system, Enter the following command:
11. Now your phone will boot into system.
That’s it. Your Pixel or Pixel XL device’s bootloader is now unlocked. If you have any doubt related to above process comment below.
2 thoughts on “Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Google Pixel and Pixel XL”
this procedure reset to factory defaults my pixel 🙁
i want to something
My google pixal XL Soft bricked
boot is locked and OEM is Disable in the phone
and when i try to install latest Factory Rom then its fail
because of boot locked
there is any way to fix my phone or unlock the the bootloader ?
Comments are closed.