OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro are the latest android smartphone from the Oneplus mobile. And most of the users already bought the phone and looking for a guide to Unlock Bootloader OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. Yes, you can do easily with some fastboot commands and unlock the bootloader of your new Oneplus 8 pro and Oneplus 8 here in this tutorial we will show you how can do this easily with the help of your PC. One the bootloader of your phone is unlocked you can easily root your phone and install the custom TWRP recovery. Without unlocking the bootloader you can’t do these things on your devices.
No doubt both the phone comes with some decent specs Fluid AMOLED Display, Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 processor, Android 10 with OxygenOS 10.0, and with great design. And in camera department OnePlus 8, you get a triple rear (48-megapixel + 16-megapixel + 2-megapixel) camera setup and a 16MP front camera. Likewise, the Pro variant has a quad-camera setup (48-megapixel + 8-megapixel + 48-megapixel + 5-megapixel) with 16MP front camera. And in Oneplus 8 you get a 4300mAh battery and 4510mAh in the 8 Pro, with 30W fast charging capabilities.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why to Unlock Bootloader OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro
- 2 Guide to Unlock Bootloader OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro
- 3 Steps to Unlock Bootloader Oneplus 8 Pro and Oneplus 8
Why to Unlock Bootloader OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro
Once you unlock the bootloader on your device, you have so many things to do on your phone. Like you can install the custom TWRP recovery, which allows you to flash the custom ROM, Flash the Mods and lots of other things.
Not only this after that you can install the magisk manager on your phone to get the root access on your phone. Once the phone is rooted you can completely control the system of your phone, removed ads from the phone, install some magisk module, etc.
To begin with, unlocking the bootloader wipes all the data from your device. So do take the full backup of your device and dave all you file son some safe place. Read all the steps very carefully and follow all steps one by one on your device.
Guide to Unlock Bootloader OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro
So now that you why to unlock the bootloader of the phone. So let’s get started and unlock the bootloader of the phone. But before that, you need some files and some drivers to be installed on your PC.
Requirement to Bootloader Unlock
- Ensure battery juice is at least/ over 60%.
- Back-up all the data is it will all be wiped out when you unlock the bootloader.
- Download the following, required files and tools given below.
Install USB Drivers
For your PC to successfully recognize your oneplus devcie, you have to install the USB drivers for your OnePlus device. So go ahead and first install them on your windows PC. These will help you to connect your phone with PC.
Download ADB and Fastboot Tools
And to run the fastboot commands you have to download the ADB and Fastboot Tools on your PC. This will help you to run the fastboot commands we will be executing later on.
So these are all the requirements that you will be needing as of now. With that said, here are the steps to unlock bootloader on OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader Oneplus 8 Pro and Oneplus 8
1. First of all, you need to unlock developer options. You can do so in Settings and go to About Phone. Then tap on Build Number 7 times. You should get a message that you’re now a developer.
2. Now go to the Developer option form settings and Enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking from the developer options.
3. Connect your device with PC using a USB cable. you might get a USB Debugging Authorization popup. Tap on “Allow”.
4. Open the platform-tool folder that you downloaded from the above. Now Open the command prompt window in this folder. To do so, hold the Shift key and right-click in an empty location inside the platform-tools folder and select Open PowerShell window here or Open the command prompt window.
5. Now in the command prompt window run the following command to boot your phone in fastoot mode.
adb reboot loader
6. Once your phone in fastboot mode. Enter the below code to unlock the bootloader of your OnePlus 8 or 8 Pro.
fastboot oem unlock
7. You will see a confirmation message on your device. Use the Volume keys to select the “Unlock the Bootloader” option and then hit the power key to confirm the decision.
8. Now the bootloader of you phone is unlocked. And now your phone will reboot and you will see the Unlock warning on your screen (Ignore that warning).
9. That’s it. The process has been completed successfully. Do note that the first boot might take some time, it is completely normal. When your device does boots up, you will have to set it up using your Google Account.
Video- how to unlock the bootloader of Oneplus 8 pro
For Reference check out the Youtube below, how to unlock the bootloader of Oneplus 8 pro.
If you have any questions regarding this guide or facing some problem, then leave the comment below, and we will help you to fix it up.