If you recently rooted your Oneplus 5 With TWRP recovery and now wanted to Unroot Oneplus and want to flash Stock OxygenOS. You can do this easily with the following guide; This guide will help you to install the OnePlus5 stock recovery and unrooted the Oneplus 5 smartphone. Rooting has lots of benefits, and it doesn’t void the warranty of Oneplus 5, yes you heard it right. Oneplus team already mentioned this on their Oneplus site, you can check it here. But still, if you are not happy with your rooted Oneplus 5 and facing some problems with it, you can use this tutorial to Unroot Oneplus 5 and Go Back to Stock OxygneOS.
To get started all you have to download the latest version of OxygneOS and Stock recovery. You can find the download link fo these files in the download section below. Read all the instruction very carefully, and we are not responsible for bricked phones or lost data. Please do take the backups of your data and read all of the instructions posted here before you attempt.
Table of Contents
Prerequisites to Unroot Oneplus 5
- Download the Oneplus 5 USB drivers here
- Download the ADB and fastboot Drivers For Windows from here. This will create an ADB folder on your Windows C Drive (C:/ADB)
- Ensure that your phone has at least 60% battery remaining.
- Enable USB Debugging: On your phone go to Settings > About phone > Tap on Build number seven times. This will enable Developer options. Now go back to Settings > Developer options > Enable USB debugging.
- Enable OEM Unlocking: Go to Settings > Developer options. Then enable the ‘OEM Unlocking‘ option.
Download files to Unroot the OnePlus 5
1. Download the Oneplus 5 Stock recovery here and rename the file to recovery.img
2. Download the Latest OxygenOS version here and rename the zip file to update.zip.
Once both the files are saved. Follow the below-mentioned steps to proceed. NOTE: – Make sure you renamed the downloaded files as we mentioned.
How to Unroot OnePlus 5
1. Open the ADB folder on your PC. The same folder that you create above while installing the ADB drivers on your PC.
2. Copy the recovery.img and update zip file in the folder.
3. Connect your phone and Open a new command prompt windows in the ADB folder. Open the ADB file folder which you created above. And open the Command prompt there. (shift + right click anywhere within that folder, select open command prompt here).
4. Now time to boot your phone into fastboot mode. To do this run the following command on the command prompt window
adb reboot bootloader
8. Issue the following command in terminal check your device connectivity
9. Now type this command to flash the Stock Recovery on Oneplus 5.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
10. Now the recovery is installed and to boot your phone in recovery mode. Enter this command
fasbtoot boot recovery.img
If the above mention command will not work and the phone doesn’t boot in recovery. Then Unplug your phone from PC, Switch Off your phone by Holding he POWER button for few seconds and boot in recovery by holding down power and volume down. It’ll boot into stock recovery. After that Connect your phone to the PC again.
11. Now from the Stock recovery choose “Install From ADB” option.
This will put the phone into ADB sideload mode.
12. Now open command windows in ADB folder and run the following command.
adb sideload update.zip
Now the flashing process will start, and it will take five to ten minutes to complete the installation.
13. Once it’s done reboot the phone. The option will be there once the sideloading is done. Just select Reboot and press the power button.
Now the phone boot into stock, unrooted OxygenOS. Congratulations you did it! Enjoy your stock, unrooted Oneplus 5 phone! If you have any question, then leave the comment below.