Android 7.1.1 Nougat Firmware Moto X Play is available for the download. Finally, the wait is over for the Moto X Play users. Now they can Update Moto X Play Android 7.1.1 Nougat Firmware. The new update some with lots of bug fixes and improve the stability of your phone. If you are the Moto X Play user then you can check the Nougat OTA update on your phone settings. Or you can install Android 7.1.1 Nougat Firmware on Moto X Play manually. All you have to flash one zip file on your phone and you can easily update your Moto X Play with this Official Android 7.1.1 Nougat Firmware.
Here in this guide, we will explain how to install the latest Nougat update on Moto X Play. This guide will work on boot rooted and non-rooted Moto X play. Below you can find the download link of Android 7.1.1 Nougat Firmware for Moto X Play. Read all the instructions very carefully and follow al the steps one by one on your phone. Make sure to take the full backup of your phone before flashing the nougat update on your phone and your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process. The Update zip file is near about 1.1 GB. So let’s get started and update the Moto X play.
Table of Contents
Download Moto X Play Android 7.1.1 Nougat Firmware and Other Files
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows. This will create a ADB folder on your windows C drive.
- Download and install Drivers for Moto X Play if above doesn’t work.
- Moto X Play Android 7.1.1 Nougat Factory Image – Download
- Android 7.1.1 TWRP Nougat Backup for Moto X Play XT1562 android phone – Download
Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat on Moto X Play [Non-rooted Phones]
1. Install and setup ADB drivers from the above mention link and you will see an ADB folder on your Windows C drive.
2. Download the Moto X Play Android 7.1.1 Nougat Firmware zip file from the above mention link and unzip it in the ADB folder.
3. Now Reboot your phone into Bootloader mode by turn it off and press and hold ‘Power + Volume Down‘.
4. Connect your phone to the PC with USB cable and open the command prompt window in ADB folder. To do this press and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-click anywhere in that folder.
5. Now in the command prompt windows enter the following command one by one.
fastboot oem fb_mode_set fastboot flash partition gpt.bin fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img fastboot flash logo logo.bin fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn fastboot erase cache fastboot erase userdata fastboot erase customize fastboot erase clogo fastboot oem fb_mode_clear fastboot reboot
6. Done. Now you successfully flashed the Android Nougat on your Moto X Play.
How to Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat on Rooted Moto X Play
1. Download the Android 7.1.1 TWRP Nougat Backup for Moto X Play from the above mention link.
2. Now extract the zip file and copy the folder in BACKUPS folder in TWRP folder. If you can’t find the BACKUP folder in the TWRP folder of your phone memory, then create one and copy the unzip file.
3. Now boot your phone in TWRP custom recovery mode.
4. Once your are on the TWRP mode. Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, data and swipe to confirm it.
5. Now click on the Restore option from the TWRP main menu and you will see the files that you saved on your phone.
6. Select the File and strat the Restore process on your phone.
7. This will take some time to restore all the files. Once completed, Reboot your device.
Now your Mot X play is running on the official build of Android 7.1.1 Nougat Firmware. Let us know your thoughts about this new Moto X Play Android 7.1.1 update in the comments below.
Via – XDA